Fed up with the software that came with your K40 ? We were too, so we found the best product on the market.
Lightburn software (V1.2.0) makes the K40 user friendly, right through the process of layout, image editing and controlling your laser.
Key features include:
– Import artwork in many vector graphic and image formats (including AI, PDF, SVG, DXF, PLT, PNG, JPG, GIF, BMP)
– Arrange, modify, or create new vector shapes within the editor. Line and Fill option for text. Rubber band (inward and outward offsets) for letters to make art signs.
– Manage your laser with settings like power, speed, number of passes, cut order (and more), over scan to avoid jarred edges on images, various dither styles or grayscale, dpi resolution. Option to compensate backlash of x axis. Enable/disable home on start up, set up for rotary
– Set up a cutting/engraving materials library
– fine tune engraving (fix overlapping lines), manage $ settings of the controller (machine settings)
– Send the result directly to your laser cutter (CO2 and now also fibre lasers)
LightBurn works with Windows, OSX, and Linux.
This is a LightBurn license key for GCode controllers (DIY / hobby). It allows installing on up to two computers, PC, Mac, or Linux. The key will appear in your ‘Order Complete’ email (this usually takes a few seconds but may take up to 24 hours). The key can be applied to the trial version to unlock the software. Note: You can migrate a license key from a computer to another computer via deactivate license. Just send us an email.
By the way, Lightburn works great with the Mini Gerbil controller (the controller is listed as Gerbil-STM device in the LB device list or use “find my laser”).