Required Tools / consumables
- Arduino Uno compatabile microcontroller
- USB cable
- Computer with internet access
These instructions specify how to install or upgrade the Arduino’s firmware.
These instructions also serve as background to the related explanation of the Arduino software.
The PPA uses various Open Source resources, which are detailed in the PPA documentation titled Open Source Licences.
Once-off Arduino IDE and library setup Instructions
- If you haven’t already, download the Arduino programming environment from https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
- Install the following libraries into your Arduino IDE (please follow Arduino instructions on how to register the library into your IDE)
|Adafruit GFX Library||https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-GFX-Library|
PPA firmware upload/upgrade instructions
- Download the latest PPA software (Arduino sketch) by visiting https://github.com/dan-at-awesome-tech/PPA
- Plug your Arduino into your computer via the USB cable
- Launch the Arduino application and under the Tools/Board menu, select Arduino/Genuino Uno
- Under the Tools/Port menu select ‘Arduino/Genuino Uno’
- File/Open and navigate to the PPA software downloaded above
- Select Sketch/Upload from the Arduino menu
- Once you get the message ‘Done uploading’ then unplug the Arduino from the USB
The Processing software is the optional real time data acquisition that can be used to interact with and optimise the PPA.